History of the Centre
The Centre for Forest Transportation in Świebodzin is a continuer of Forest Transportation Enterprise established on 1st November 1995.
Up until the early 90s it had been running mainly wood transportation on the area governed by Regional OZLP (Territorial Management of State Forests) in Zielona Góra. Since 28.09.1991 the Centre for Forest Transportation (OTL) has been a unit of State Forests and has been operating on the basis of forestry Bill. Within the last years OTL has significantly widened its range of activity.
- transportation services (wood transportation, wood loading and unloading, transportation of live fish),
- forestry (tillages for renewal, processing of compost, crushing of trunk by-products, mineralization of fire protection belts, adaptation of areas running under power lines, wood acquisition with application of multi-operational machines),
- building: building and renovation of forest roads, building of cycling lanes, building of car rest spots and green areas,
- workshop (car mechanical repairs, vulcanisation services, cuffing of plumbing hoses, turnery and milling services),
- wood abrading,
- mowing of roadsides and scarps.
- sawmill production (furnishings for car rest spots, production of furniture friezes, production of plank, production of construction elements, production of elements for pallets, combustible sawdust scraps),
- fish production (commercial fish, fish fry material).
All works are performed with the application of modern machines purchased by OTL, both on our own expense and outside subsidies (European funds).
2005 OTL celebrated its 50th anniversary.